Brussels: Useful Information
The Smallest World-City
- Brussels is typically a safe city but avoid the red light district and train stations at night.
- Wear your walking shoes! You’ll need them.
- Cyclists have no “formal” rules.
- Drivers are notoriously bad drivers.
- Dress for winter weather with cold temperatures.
- Don’t rent a car if you do not have to.
- Brussels is GMT 1.
- Tipping is not expected but you can give a little extra to “round” up bills.
- Minimum drinking age is 16.
- Bouncers might ask men for a tip when leaving clubs.
- In Belgium, the voltage runs at 220v a/c . Plugs are 2 pin so you’ll need an adaptor.
- Most museums in Brussels are closed on Mondays.