Copenhagen: Useful Information
The Paris of the North
- Copenhagen is typically a safe city but like in all major cities be careful of pickpockets.
- Wear your walking shoes! You’ll need them.
- Jaywalking is illegal.
- Exceeding road speed limits or drink & driving is illegal.
- Remember to clip your public transport ticket as proof of payment.
- Museums are often closed on Mondays.
- Cyclists have right of way.
- Do not insult the Royal Family.
- Look your drinking partner in the eye when “skolling.”
- International credit cards are not always accepted.
- Small Euro bills will not always be accepted.
- Copenhagen is 1 GMT.
- Tipping is almost always included in prices.
- In Denmark, Christmas is celebrated on the evening of 24 December. Thus attractions and many shops are closed that day, as well as on New Year's Eve, 31 December.