A City in the Southern province of Andalucia
There’s a lot to see in Granada. To make sure you don’t miss out on any of the sights that will be of interest to you, do a bit of prior planning. If you’re staying for a few days, it might be worth investing in the BONO TURISTICO voucher which gives you free entrance to the major monuments and museums in Granada plus 9 free bus trips and 1 day's free travel on the City Sightseeing tourist bus. The Bono Turistico ticket costs from 30 Euros.
Main sights of interest in the city include:
• The Alhambra. This is a world famous collection of palaces and is Spain’s most visited tourist attraction. An absolute must see
• The Albayzin: Granada’s atmospheric old Islamic quarter
• Sacromonte: The Old cave dwelling Gypsy (Gitano) area of the city
• Granada’s impressive Cathedral and the stunning adjoining Capilla Real
• Monasterio De San Jeronimo :A spectacularly restored monastery
• La Cartuja: A Fantastic example of stunning baroque architecture
• Alcaiceria: Atmospheric area brimming with handicraft shops.
If you’ve got time of your hands, there’s plenty more to discover in Granada. If you’re pressed for time, you might want to consider doing a Granada city tour. Guided walking tours in English depart daily at 10.30 from Plaza del Carmen and cost around 10 Euros. City Sightseeing is Granada’s hop on – hop off sightseeing bus. It’s much the same deal as you find in other European centres and takes in the vast majority of sights.