Lanzarote: Useful Information
A volcanic moonscape
- The Canary Islands enjoy a special duty free status, making tobacco, perfume and alcohol much cheaper than elsewhere in the EU.
- You should also be aware that in Lanzarote (and in Spain generally), a ‘nightclub’ and a 'discoteca' are not always the same thing. A 'nightclub' is actually a brothel!
- Always keep your money, passport and valuables in a safe - it is worth paying the extra and for your peace of mind.
- Supermarkets attached to hotels and apartment complexes are very pricy, so it is best to travel to the supermarkets in the towns when stocking up on food.
- Watch out for mosquitos as they are particularly lively at night. Bug spray is a must.